2.27.2010

Granola Goodness

Probably the easiest thing on my list for me will be to bake something new twice per month. I'm always baking something and have wanted to make granola for a few years but was always daunted by the options. And the cost (seriously, this was spendy, but oh-so-worth-it.)

As fate would have it, sometime last week I wandered over to Deb's site and the granola holy grail was laid before me. I had to try it.

IMG_2393

IMG_2395

IMG_2397

So soft and chewy with the perfect amount of sweetness (as opposed to the nasty, fake sweetness in store-bought versions). It's a really flexible recipe with a lot of options. I chose to use dried apricot and cranberries, walnuts, pecans and peanut butter. I can only imagine the possibilities and would love to try it with dried berries and almond butter.

No comments: